Sunday 4 December 2011

04/12/2011

Oh no -Snow! Well, only a sprinkling this evening, but I was hoping for a snow free winter, like in the 90s when I was a child and actually wanted it to snow. Now I usually have to commute 25 miles to uni or to do field work it is not welcome. Although on a positive note, it does bring the birds into the garden.
 Anyways, today I was doing field work again. I saw:


  • Bull finches.
  • A flock of tits consisting of coal tits, blue tits, long tailed tits and gold crests.
  • Lots of soggy kestrels sat in the rain on the way home
  • A TAWNY OWL :) I've never seen one so well before, but as I was driving home (in the dark and snow) one flew out infront of my car at the bottom of my estate, and landed in a tree lit up by the street lights. I pulled over to look at it and it sat staring straight into my car.  I usually hear the owls when laying in bed at night, so it's great to finally see one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment